Immigration News: Skills Assessment

Skills Assessment for RSMS Applicants

Direct Entry Stream Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) 187 Visa 1 July 2017 caused a lot of upheaval in the world of immigration in Australia. Thankfully the direct entry stream Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) 187 visa  has remained largely untouched, for now. Read: Applying for direct entry stream Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) 187... Continue Reading

Skills Assessments for Teachers

Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership Requirements Are you a teacher or perhaps aspire to have such a high demand occupation for migration to Australia? Sitting on the Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) are the following teaching occupations: Early Childhood Teacher [241111] Secondary Teacher [241411] Special Needs Teacher [241511] Special Education... Continue Reading

Australia Needs Secondary School Teachers

Secondary School Teacher under the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) Ever felt like having a part in shaping young minds? Or has the corporate world wrung you dry and you’re looking for a career in something more contributory? Did you know that even if you are already a degree holder, you don’t need to have... Continue Reading

Engaging a Migration Agent

Why is it so important to have a consultation with your migration agent first?   “I only have one question.” “I’d like for you to lodge my application now.” “My case is straightforward.”   Maybe, but maybe not. When you contact a migration agent you need to understand that this is the person who will... Continue Reading

The 457 Visa Application

Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)   We’ve covered the first two applications involved in making a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Subclass 457) application. In this article, we will be writing about the visa application. Standard Business Sponsorship application (Business) Nomination application (Position) Visa application (Applicant) These three applications can be made in a single... Continue Reading

IT Professionals with Overseas Qualifications

How do you go about gaining a skills assessment? We’ve written about gaining a skills assessment as an IT professional with an Australian degree and those are pretty straightforward, but what about those with qualifications attained overseas? What about those of you who have plenty of experience in the field but did not complete your... Continue Reading

Claiming Skilled Employment Points On The Points Test

What is skilled employment and how are you awarded points? If you still have not read our article on SkillSelect invitation rounds, we really recommend that you do. A higher points score means that your Expression of Interest (EOI) will get picked up sooner. For certain pro-rated occupations, a 60 point score may mean that... Continue Reading

Job Ready Programme with Trades Recognition Australia

Getting your TRA skills assessment as a fresh international student graduate We’ve written briefly about getting a suitable skills assessment through the Job Ready Programme (JRP) with Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) in our article Graduate Visa with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care. Now we’re back again to talk about it in more detail. The... Continue Reading

Skills Assessments for Marketing Specialists Through VETASSESS

General professional occupations like marketing specialists, can be assessed by VETASSESS. If you are applying for a permanent residency visa nominating marketing specialist as your occupation, you may need a suitable skills assessment to make your visa application. VETASSESS is the assessing body that oversees skills assessments for advertising and marketing professions. Your profession falls under the ‘general... Continue Reading

Competency Demonstration Report

Preparing Your CDR Application Last week we wrote about the different types of skills assessment applications with Engineers Australia,  how to know if your application takes the CDR pathway or not, and introduced the Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visa (subclass 476), a temporary visa allowing engineers with qualifications from recognised institutions to apply for a 18 month... Continue Reading

Skills Assessments For Engineers

Are you an engineer applying for a skills assessment? Here’s what you need to know. Getting a skills assessment from Engineers Australia isn’t too complicated if you have: Qualifications accredited by Engineers Australia (see list), OR Have qualifications from a country under the Washington Accord (see list of countries and qualifications), OR Sydney Accord   (see list... Continue Reading

Skilled Enough To Qualify For A Direct Entry ENS 186 Visa?

Skills requisites on employer sponsored visas If your trek toward permanent residency in Australia goes down the employer sponsored path, this is would be your map. There are three streams under permanent employer sponsored visas (subclass 186 and 187): Temporary Residence Transition (you’ve completed 2 years on a 457) Direct Entry stream Agreement stream (labour... Continue Reading

Staying in Australia with a Degree in IT

Skills assessments for IT professionals with Australian degrees What are your post study visa options if you are currently engaged in an IT course? The graduate visa (subclass 485) buys you time in Australia to look for either an employer sponsor or to lodge an application for a general skilled migration (GSM) visa (subclass 189... Continue Reading

Graduate Visa with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care

Getting a skills assessment for your graduate visa Are you studying for a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113)? Want to stay in Australia once you’re done but you’re not sure how? Okay so let’s start with the graduate visa (subclass 485). This is a temporary visa for those who have studied in... Continue Reading