Immigration News: Temporary Graduate 485

Occupation Lists Are Out! Accountants, Engineers and IT Specialists Survive for Another Year..

Medium to Long Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) It’s all happening now. Here to ruin or make someone’s Friday, the adjusted occupation lists have just been released. The now renamed Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) – previously the Skilled... Continue Reading

Karl Konrad: Founder of Australian Immigration Law Services

Who is Karl Konrad? Karl Konrad has, over the span of nearly two decades, developed a reputation for being the guy to go to if you wanted accurate, non-meandering advice. Being armed with no more a simple assessment form filled with some key questions on your situation, Karl will form an actionable game plan in... Continue Reading

Skills Assessments for Teachers

Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership Requirements Are you a teacher or perhaps aspire to have such a high demand occupation for migration to Australia? Sitting on the Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) are the following teaching occupations: Early Childhood Teacher [241111] Secondary Teacher [241411] Special Needs Teacher [241511] Special Education... Continue Reading

Applying for the 485 Visa

Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) You’re graduating and have decided your future is in Australia. It’s time to apply for your Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485). The 485 visa has two streams – post study work and graduate work stream.   Learn more: Temporary Graduate Visa Streams Learn more: Australian study requirement Find: Medium and Long... Continue Reading

Major Changes in Occupation Lists and Employer Sponsored Visas

The announcement by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has certainly altered the landscape of migration, especially for those working on applications for employer sponsored visas. Whilst we are all adjusting to the changes, here are important the updates.   Occupation Lists The Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) have been replaced effective... Continue Reading

The Import of Foreign Engineering Professionals

Removing Engineers from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) may not be the industry’s best move August last year, the Association of Professional Engineers Australia (APEA) implored in a letter to Immigration Minister Peter Dutton for the removal of the engineering profession from the skilled occupation list (SOL). In November, 52 occupations were flagged to be... Continue Reading

Engaging a Migration Agent

Why is it so important to have a consultation with your migration agent first?   “I only have one question.” “I’d like for you to lodge my application now.” “My case is straightforward.”   Maybe, but maybe not. When you contact a migration agent you need to understand that this is the person who will... Continue Reading

Beyond the Visa: Divya

immiNews has been all about how-tos, breaking down the visa application process and explaining regulations in a more easy to digest way. It is to inform and educate, and it is for you. But you is not just an application. You is a story. We know that and we don’t want anyone to forget that... Continue Reading

Claiming Skilled Employment Points On The Points Test

What is skilled employment and how are you awarded points? If you still have not read our article on SkillSelect invitation rounds, we really recommend that you do. A higher points score means that your Expression of Interest (EOI) will get picked up sooner. For certain pro-rated occupations, a 60 point score may mean that... Continue Reading

Job Ready Programme with Trades Recognition Australia

Getting your TRA skills assessment as a fresh international student graduate We’ve written briefly about getting a suitable skills assessment through the Job Ready Programme (JRP) with Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) in our article Graduate Visa with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care. Now we’re back again to talk about it in more detail. The... Continue Reading

Temporary Graduate Visa Streams

‘Post Study Work’ stream vs ‘Graduate’ Stream You came to Australia just to do your degree, but somewhere along the way, Australiabecame your home. The Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa was created just for you. The graduate 485 visa has the following basic requirements: Meet the minimum English proficiency level Satisfying the Australian study requirement (ASR) of... Continue Reading

Professional Year Programme

What does enrolling in a Professional Year Programme (PYP) do for you visa application?  Have you noticed that the points test awards you 5 points for the completion of something called the professional year? (from the DIBP website) The Professional Year Programme (PYP) is a 44 to 52 week job-read iness course that aims to... Continue Reading

Competency Demonstration Report

Preparing Your CDR Application Last week we wrote about the different types of skills assessment applications with Engineers Australia,  how to know if your application takes the CDR pathway or not, and introduced the Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visa (subclass 476), a temporary visa allowing engineers with qualifications from recognised institutions to apply for a 18 month... Continue Reading

Skills Assessments For Engineers

Are you an engineer applying for a skills assessment? Here’s what you need to know. Getting a skills assessment from Engineers Australia isn’t too complicated if you have: Qualifications accredited by Engineers Australia (see list), OR Have qualifications from a country under the Washington Accord (see list of countries and qualifications), OR Sydney Accord   (see list... Continue Reading

Staying in Australia with a Degree in IT

Skills assessments for IT professionals with Australian degrees What are your post study visa options if you are currently engaged in an IT course? The graduate visa (subclass 485) buys you time in Australia to look for either an employer sponsor or to lodge an application for a general skilled migration (GSM) visa (subclass 189... Continue Reading

Graduate Visa with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care

Getting a skills assessment for your graduate visa Are you studying for a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113)? Want to stay in Australia once you’re done but you’re not sure how? Okay so let’s start with the graduate visa (subclass 485). This is a temporary visa for those who have studied in... Continue Reading